Comcast NBCUniversal is currently hiring for dispatchers for our local team with a focus in technical support. Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
Starting salary is $15.50/hour.
So, what is this great job? You will be responsible for providing basic day of job support to field technicians serving residential customers and supporting field technician productivity goals by providing overall appointment management. You will handle escalation to management to support the overall customer experience. This includes assignment of jobs, monitoring all time frames to increase efficiency, and ensuring customer commitments are met. Provides timely internal communication regarding available resources and proactive customer contact related to customer commitments for all scheduled work. Makes direct contact with customers as needed. Works with moderate supervision/guidance.
Accountable for individual results and impact on team.responsible for answering incoming calls regarding technical questions and problem solving related to Comcast products as well as customer equipment.
Join a company rated in the top 100 of Forbes Best Companies to Work For and start growing with Comcast NBCUniversal Today!
GREAT PERKS AND BENEFITS (starting on your first day):
- Opportunities for promotion
- Paid training
- Paid Time-Off (PTO), Paid Vacation, Flex Time, and Floating Holidays (Generous PTO package after first 90 days of employment)
- Tuition Reimbursement (where applicable)
- Comfortable, state-of-the-art workspace with breakroom, training rooms, etc.
- Eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Free Comcast/Xfinity courtesy services (cable, high speed internet, etc.)
- Discounts on Comcast/Xfinity Voice, OnDemand, and Personal Security Services
- Create basic work orders and make modifications to task codes.
- Interact with technicians via phone and task messaging to answer questions and provide information.
- Accurately disposition call and/or task reasons and resolutions, utilizing appropriate dispositioning tool.
- Observe and shadow experienced agents to understand context and use of tools and processes.
- Provide basic support to technicians using tools such as customer billing systems and internal product knowledge databases.
- Learn and practice basic troubleshooting techniques to support common field activities.
- Become familiar with company products as well as internal tools and applications.
- Learn call management skills, active listening, product knowledge, and effective written and oral communications.
- Meet or exceed established goals and performance metrics.
- Successfully complete required training within established timeframes.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast NBCUniversal brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast NBCUniversal is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Drug-Free workplace employer.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience