Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
***Great benefits, pay based upon experience.
Permit Specialist Job Description Summary
Responsible for overseeing/monitoring the activities of Construction Technicians and/or contractors to ensure new construction, repair, and system maintenance activities are completed in accordance with established standards. Administers some aspects of construction activities, including materials, labor, and resource allocation planning. Acts as lead in teams and projects. Has developed knowledge and skills in own discipline. Still acquiring higher level skills. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Permit Specialist Core Responsibilities
- Ensures the execution of overhead/underground construction duties such as: placing hard-line cables, frame and strand poles, transfer facilities between poles, place cable in joint trench, and safe operation of construction vehicles and cable trailers.
- Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping with regards to project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs, and labor expenditures.
- Instructs work site safety standards; conducts work site visits to ensure compliance with safety standards and participates in regular safety meetings with the crew.
- Ensures that resources (i.e. vehicles, equipment, and inventory) are maintained in proper working order.
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of projects.
- Generates logs and reports on construction, projects, materials, and expenditures.
- Reviews, resolves, follows-up customer request and complaints.
- Monitors performance of construction crew to established goals and objectives.
- Advises, trains, and guides technicians.
- Assists with the annual plant construction budget.
- Performs on the field ride-out/walk-out of project sites for the purpose of surveying, gathering and recording details, finding solutions, monitoring progress, performing post-construction review.
- Coordinates all phases of construction projects including pre-construction meetings, site surveys, permit and license applications, make-ready, design and documentation, material procurement, contract labor requirements, and plant activation.
- Oversees the activity of subcontractors.
- Meets and interacts with Government/Town officials and representatives from Utilities, Contractors, outside agencies, consultants and internal business partners.
- Provides technical advice and engineering support to other departments including Procurement, Warehouse, Legal, Government Relations, and Design Center functions.
- Develops cost estimates for a project, monitors job costs, evaluates change orders and controls the cost of work in progress to budget.
- -Knowledge of the National Electric Codes
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Permit Specialist Additional Responsibilities
- Complete tasks related to issuance, approval, reporting, financial and records management, and closing permits.
- Attend meetings related to timeline/approval issues and requirements with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ensure accuracy for permitting packet and estimate and footage alignment.
Permit Specialist Preferred Qualifications
- Strong problem solving, task prioritization, de-escalation. and budgeting skills preferred.
- Construction permitting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of CATV design and installation processes preferred.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
GREAT PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Benefit packages effective on day 1 - Eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision
- 401k available after 90 days
- Paid training
- Free Comcast/Xfinity courtesy services (cable, high speed internet, etc.)
- Paid time-off (PTO), Paid vacation, flex time, and floating holidays; generous PTO package after first 90 days of employment
- Tuition Reimbursement (where applicable)
- Discounts on Comcast/Xfinity Voice, OnDemand, and Personal Security Services (PSS)
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast NBCUniversal is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Drug-Free workplace employer.