Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing support for our customers/communities to ensure a positive experience and that is in accordance with the Company's service delivery strategy. Establishes and builds rapport while promoting effective relationships and upholding our commitment to the customer experience through our Operating Principles, Net Promoter System and quality behaviors. Responsible for accurately and confidently handling various types of customer inquiries while engaging and building a consultative relationship with our customer. This includes but is not limited to billing inquiries, technical problem solving, handling sales opportunities, proactively addressing all customer needs as well as being a strong advocate for our customers. Actively puts the customer needs and wants at the center of all interactions. Creates a personal connection to the customer and demonstrates a favorable image of the organization through effective use of soft skills and problem-solving skills, professional communications and internal/external customer interactions. Communicates in a warm and friendly manner through both verbal and written means via various platforms: SMS, eChat, email, or phone.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Effectively works to build a consultative relationship with the customer to create understanding and resolve all issues.
- Sets clear expectations by providing accurate information and transparent communication.
- Takes a consultative approach to finding custom solutions to customers' needs. Resolves customer complaints/concerns through active listening, empathy, professionalism and problem solving.
- Illustrates competencies of a technology enthusiast. Uses multiple tools and systems with ease (billing systems, knowledge base, technical tools etc.) to apply information to any customer interaction.
- Improves customer satisfaction and maximize sales and retention opportunities using up-to-date knowledge of competitive environment, products and services.
- Based on the customers wants and needs, acts as a product consultant, articulating appropriate product solutions, features and benefits.
- Acts as a competitive expert to compare the benefits of Xfinity over the alternative solutions.
- Demonstrates functional skill in communicating and explaining basic account information to the customer with focus on first-call resolution. Must be able to accurately calculate and communicate taxes, fees, onetime charges and/or recurring monthly fees.
- Multitasks between multiple tools and systems (knowledge base, team meetings, supervisor) and applies information and knowledge to customer situations.
- Demonstrates awareness of company policies and procedures while applying sound judgment within scope of their empowerment and follows guidelines for Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) and Personal Identifiable Information (PII).
- Educates and promotes self-service options.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, structured, dynamic and high transaction environment, with the ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and manage and diffuse angry or upset customers.
- Demonstrates ability to achieve established goals and performance metrics.
- Attends training as required.
- Works independently and seeks Supervisor support when necessary.
- Interacts with customers via telephone, e-mail, SMS or face-to-face to assist with a variety of customer inquiries and issues. Must be able to wear telephone headset and manipulate objects such as pen, keyboard and mouse.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
GREAT PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Benefit packages effective on day 1 - Eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision
- 401k available after 90 days
- Paid training
- Free Comcast/Xfinity courtesy services (cable, high speed internet, etc.)
- Paid time-off (PTO), Paid vacation, flex time, and floating holidays; generous PTO package after first 90 days of employment
- Tuition Reimbursement (where applicable)
- Discounts on Comcast/Xfinity Voice, OnDemand, and Personal Security Services (PSS)
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast NBCUniversal brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast NBCUniversal is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Drug-Free / Veterans / disabled / LGBT workplace employer.